“Which pediatrician is the right one for your child?” – this is one of the biggest decisions you will make before your baby is born.
Before you start your search, take a few minutes to learn exactly what this kind of doctor does. It will help you make a better choice and know what to expect when your little one arrives.
Pediatricians are doctors who manage the health of your child, including physical, behavioural, and mental health issues. They’re trained to diagnose and treat childhood illnesses, from minor health problems to serious diseases.
They’ll see your child many times from birth to age 2 and once a year from ages 2 to 5 for “well-child visits.” After age 5, your pediatrician will likely continue to see your child every year for annual checkups. They’re also the first person to call whenever your child is sick.
To take care of your child, your pediatrician will:
• Do physical exams
• Give your child vaccinations
• Make sure he/she meets milestones in growth, behavior, and skills
• Diagnose and treat your child’s illnesses, infections, injuries, and other health concerns
• Provide information about your child’s health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs
• Answer your questions about your little one’s growth and development
• Refer you to specialists if they think your child needs expert care
Most hospitals will ask if you have a pediatrician when you go in to deliver.
One thing to keep in mind: Pediatricians can also look after the health of your whole family — kids and grown-ups alike.
If you have questions about our Doctors or our Services, please give us a call at 345-949-2970 or send us a message.